她计较,身体向后仰在靠背上,双手抱起胸前,闭目养神。
比赛正式开始了。
来不及听完开幕词,就被工作人员叫到后台抽取演讲主题。每位选手只有15分钟的时间思考如何贴近主题的快速编说一篇演讲稿,时间也不宜太长或太短。
向绥抽到的是“民族自信”。
她很快便想好了要演讲的内容,也很快站在了比赛的大讲台上。
“Mirrors and history can both cause 039;reflections039;,
镜子和历史都能反映现实,
but with different meanings.
但两者的含义不同。
From a mirror, I see myself.
在镜子里,我看见自己;
From history, we know ourselves.
在历史中,我们认清自己。
History, as a mirror, gives answers to three questions:
历史,如一面镜子,回答了以下三个问题——
Who we are? Where we are? And What to do?
我们是谁?我们在哪儿?以及,我们要做什么?
The answers to these questions constitute the source of our confidence.
这三个问题的答案构建起我们民族自信的来源。
……
What history, as a mirror,
历史,如一面镜子,
tells us is that we can only gain confidence by knowing who we are, where we are, and what to do.
提醒我们自信来源于“我们是谁”“我们在哪儿”以及“我们要做什么”这三个问题的回答。
Our ancestors told us 039;who we are039;
本章未完,请点击下一页继续阅读! 第3页 / 共6页